Capital Ringers offer five freebies for viewing and download
The Capital Ringers, Delmarva’s Community Handbell Ensemble, will be offering five free handbell arrangements for spring. The videos may be shown in worship or in other group settings, or shared with anyone – shut-ins, friends, grandparents.
The ringers are recording the quartets and sextets at home (so no masks), and the separate videos are then combined and edited for final upload to our Vimeo channel.
“We wanted to show our gratitude to all the churches, organizations and individuals that supported our virtual Christmas show,” said Linda S. Simms, founder and artistic director. “Recording and offering these songs to you also helps us to keep ringing and practicing when many other handbell groups have been silent for months now.”
The five free selections will be:
- “Lord of the Dance” (also known as “Simple Gifts”)
- “This is My Song” (from Sibelius’ “Finlandia”)
- “Pastorale,” an original song by Jason Krug. With a peaceful, flowing melody and gentle harmonic shifts, this piece evokes images of blue skies and beautiful countrysides
- “Lament,” another original composition by Krug that is mournful and suitable for Lent
- “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross,” also arranged by Jason Krug
In March, the ensemble will begin rehearsing for a virtual show that will be available in early summer. Called “Rise Up: Reflect, Ring, Renew,” the inspirational repertoire will honor the community’s resilience during these tough times. More detail on that show, including selections and purchase information, will be available soon.
You can sign up for a reminder when Spring Selections are available later this month.